What is a twofer...well, in this case it was one chest of drawers made into two...twofer-the-price-of-one.
The chest was obviously "dated" and too tall...
....but it appeared to be three separate sections. I pulled the drawers out and did some sloothing and found that it was indeed three sections stacked on top of each other, secured with screws. No biggy! I just removed the screws attaching the top two drawer section and presto-bingo, I had two chests...one with four drawers and one with two.
The top had a little boo-boo...a little "wood sculpting" and it was good as new.
I wish I had taken a picture of the finished repair, but honestly I forgot all about it it! Just know that it takes a little wood putty and patience to "sculpt" a repair....but not impossible!
I removed the hardware on the sides and puttied the holes.
I removed all the drawer hardware and puttied the holes I knew I wouldn't use with the new hardware
I chalk painted and distressed the four drawer chest and replaced the dated hardware with nice cup pulls.
I am a "hoarder" of legs so I took a set I had stocked away and attached it to the two drawer section.
I KSTPed (kilz, sand, tack cloth and paint) the two drawer section and painted it with a high gloss white lacquer....simple new hardware!